Care Team Inc is recognized in Tampa Bay
Top Workplaces 2019
This afternoon the Tampa Bay Times released the winners of the Top Workplaces 2019 Tampa Bay and Care Team Inc, a.k.a: Care Team Home Care, ranked number 14 in the small business category (10 – 150 local employees). This was Care Team’s first attempt to participate in the annual event hosted by the Tampa Bay Times, TBT and Energage. Care Team is one of 183 licensed home health agencies based in Hillsborough County, Florida. Only three local agencies made the Top 100 list.
Care Team was founded over 30 years ago by the Stoker family and has remained a locally owned and operated licensed home healthcare agency providing both medical and non-medical services. The management team has been pioneering the industry for almost 50 years, going back to when there were only two agencies in Tampa.
Care Team’s management believes that cultivating a family-oriented atmosphere and encouraging their caregivers to be the best they can be, supports a healthy environment to ensure that patients under our care receive compassionate and competent care.
But, it was those caregivers that participated in this year’s survey and their answers that elevated Care Team to this distinguished award. A key to success in this contest was employee engagement. A survey of 24 questions is answered by the employees and gathers responses regarding issues relating to workplace culture:
- Alignment — where the company is headed, its values, cooperation
- Connection — employees feel appreciated, their work is meaningful
- Effectiveness — doing things efficiently and well, sharing different viewpoints, encouraging new ideas
- My Manager — cares about concerns, helps employees develop
- Engagement — motivation, retention and recruiting
- Leadership — confidence in company leaders
- The Basics — pay, benefits, flexibility, training, expectations
Employees consistently rate issues of “Connection” and “Alignment” most important to them, while statements related to pay and benefits rate less important.
Care Team is always seeking new qualified candidates to join the healthcare team. Care Team is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug free workplace.